The benefits to leather shoes are endless but the effort needed in maintaining them sometimes results in too much of a hassle, especially since leather can dry out and fall apart without proper care. Here are some quick and easy tips to ensure that your leather shoes continue looking their best.
- Wipe down your shoes with a towel or brush after every use. This will help maintain the shine of the leather and get rid of any dust or dirt.
2. Leather shoes should be cleaned at least once a month with mild soap detergent and a damp cloth. However, if you prefer to use leather cleaner, do be sure to check that the product is suitable for the type of shoes you have.
3. If you get caught in the rain with a pair of leather shoes, here’s what to do to ensure they don’t get badly affected by the wet weather. Dry the outside of the shoe and stuff some paper on the inside to draw out the moisture, replacing the wet paper with fresh ones every hour or so. Leave them to dry until all the moisture has evaporated and make sure not to leave the shoes near any heat source as this will result in cracked leather, an irreversible disaster. Finally, apply leather conditioner and polish as normal.
4. A new pair of leather shoes takes a while to break in; it helps to wear them for a few hours at a time before becoming totally accustomed to wearing them all day.
5. When you aren’t wearing your shoes, clean them and put them in a drawstring bag to ensure safekeeping.
Luckily, every purchase of our faith ballet flats comes with our own drawstring bag for you to keep your shoes neat and organized. What are you waiting for? Shop www.mylittlepieceof.com today!